This page will be updated soon!!!
Crooked Lake Township/Outing Community May 2018
The CLT Board of Supervisors thanks the Crooked Lake Township Emergency Planning Team
(EPT) for their efforts. Several things have been put into place to help area residents and visitors be better prepared to deal with an emergency.
1. Register for NIXLE if you have not done so. NIXLE sends out weather and emergency alerts. To receive these notices, go to and click on the NIXLE Alerts. Or, go directly to the NIXLE website .
Those who wish to sign up via a TEXT method, simply text your zip code to 888777.
2. The Road Ambassador program is a network of approximately 35 volunteers who will
coordinate communication with CLT especially in the event of an emergency. Road
Ambassadors will do their best to keep everyone up to date regarding what’s happening as storm damage recovery work is going on. Ambassadors are identified by neon yellow CLT Road Ambassador caps.
Find your Road Ambassador either on the CLT website at: or you can see the Township/Ambassador map posted at the canister station or in the Town Hall. Please cooperate with your neighborhood volunteer! To volunteer to be a Road Ambassador call Keith Ahlquist @ 612-799-5787. During non-emergency situations Town road conditions can be reported to the Town phone 218-792-5918 (leave message).
3. If possible area businesses will post information either on their electronic billboards or via a
posted paper notice to keep you informed and up to date and information will also be available on the Town website.
4. Mutual Aid Agreement with the City of Fifty Lakes (Emily pending) has been established
providing additional resources such as temporary use of heavy equipment and operating
personnel. Also, a list of private local heavy equipment contractors has been created. These
companies have agreed to contract their services to help our existing town staff provide recovery in the event of a major damage event.
5. The Township has agreed to pursue the purchase of an emergency backup generator system to provide power to the Fire Hall/Emergency Services building which could be open in the event of an emergency.
6. The Emergency Planning Team’s efforts have been recognized by Cass County officials and
our Crooked Lake Town Board of Supervisors supports and augments these efforts.
REMEMBER: Dial 911 for all fire, medical, officer needed, emergencies. The Cass County
Sheriff’s office dispatches these calls to appropriate agencies.
Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable 2018 summer season!
CLT Board of Supervisors